Friday, September 7, 2012

Fitness Friday ... Beach Ready

This week I am heading to the beach with "double down" and a few of his friends. To try and make my weekend a bit easier running wise I did a hard track session earlier this afternoon (3x(5x400m) and then heading back to the basement to do some stretching and strength work.  Now I'll just have an easy run tomorrow and a long run Sunday. I'm anticipating it being pretty hot when I get down there, but am looking forward to a few days to lay out in the sun!
My general running fitness seems like it is coming along fairly well... I'm sure I have Ryan and Kim, and the C.O.W.S to thank for keeping me fit while rehabbing my ankle all summer.

First I started out with some work on my foam roller:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoHBDim_fzk

Then I went back to work on my ab ball and made use of the laminated card that I was given and is now in the hands of other athletes in Chattanooga:



First I did some general planking balancing on my ab ball (3x 60s), then I switched to some arm and leg extensions while balancing on the ball (3x15s per side).


From there I did a side plank then rotate to bring elbow under the shoulder of my supporting arm (12 per side).


Finally, starting in a push-up plank position with my feet balancing on the ab ball, I then engaged my core to pull the ball in towards me, bending at the knee (3x15 reps).


Not a crazy long core session, but enough to stretch out and engage my core after a pretty solid track session.

Now to pack for the Beach!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this information about beach body fitness. I have been trying to find a good program to follow. I can't wait to start this boot camp and get my body in shape! New Year's resolution here I come!

    Newport Beach Beach Fitness

    ReplyDelete